Asian Paints Royal Atmos - A solution to Indoor Pollution
Well, that is not the case. Infact mankind's ever increasing needs for urbanization and globalization is happening at the cost of severe environmental pollution.
Needless to say that this is an irreversible process as we cannot go back to the era when there were no automobiles, no factories and no electricity. Infact, with each passing moment we tend to use up nature's resources to generate energy releasing tonnes of pollutants!
In such a situation what we can do is very little. But small drops of water fill up the ocean.
At an individual level, we should try our level best to save resources like food, water and electricity. Mundane things which we often overlook are air pollution during celebrations like Deepawali/ cricket matches or even keeping the engine on in a traffic signal wait. These minute things if taken care of can make about a big change. However, there is another aspect which most of us are unaware and that is indoor pollution. Educating people about various indoor air pollutants is a major task that lies ahead.
At corporate level, we should focus more into ''Corporate Social Responsibility''. Many companies are now trying to align their product line in a way which is ''green''. One such beautiful attempt is made by Asian Paints. They really need an applause to bring out the first of its kind paint which cleanses the air inside our homes. The product is called ''Royale Atmos''.
Speaking about Indoor Air pollution, Indoor Air can be up to five times more polluted than outdoor air. Indoor air pollution can have a severe negative impact on health in the long run. Royale Atmos is a paint that reduces harmful air pollutants and makes the air cleaner. The product- Royale Atmos is also efficient in absorbing household foul smell making the air fresh and pure. Additionally with a teflon finish, the paint is Osuper lasting and fortified against water based staining. 1750 variants of shades are available to match to customers needs. The ingredient that helps to absorb harmful pollutants in the paint is ''Activated Carbon''. Activated carbon or activated charcoal is a form of carbon processed to have small, low-volume pores that increase the surface area available for adsorption or chemicals. Activated Carbon is an excellent absorber of formaldehye, which is an important indoor air pollutant.
Some of the major sources of indoor air pollution in urban homes are:
- Volatile organic compounds: Originate mainly from solvents and chemicals.The main indoor sources are perfumes, hair sprays, furniture polish, glues, air fresheners, moth repellents, incense sticks and many other common household items. The main health effect is irritation of eye, nose and throat. In the long term, some of the pollutants can even lead to liver and lung disorder.
- Tobacco smoke: Generates a wide range of harmful chemicals which can lead to burning of eyes and throat irritation, bronchitis, severe asthma, and even a decrease in lung function.
- Biological pollutants: Includes pollen from plants, mites, hair from pets etc. Most of them are allergens and can cause asthma, allergies and infections.
- Formaldehyde pollution: The sources of Formaldehyde gas are mainly from carpets, particle boards, and insulation foam. It causes irritation to the eyes and nose and may cause allergies in some people.
Some of the sources of air pollutants listed above are now a days inseparable from our lives. With the use of such revolutionary paint created by Asian paints, we can reduce the effect of air pollution at home. All of us would want our kids to breathe in pure air and lead a healthy life. We need to preserve our Earth for the future generations. So, lets plant more trees, use less non-renewable resources, keep our indoor air clean, stay away from products which are full of harmful chemicals and lastly say no to Tobacco. With little initiative from each one, the earth would become a better place to live in.
For more details on Asian Paints Royale Atmos, please visit:
- Royale Atmos was tested internally and at a third party lab for its ability to neutralize the indoor air pollutant formaldehyde. It reduced formaldehyde levels by 80-85% in 24 hours under standard test conditions. For the third party test certificate and the testing process, please visit https://www.asianpaints.com/campaign/royale-atmos/additional-information.html
- Royale Atmos will continue to reduce formaldehyde for up to 2 years post application.
- It comes with our Green Assure Seal which means that it is VOC safer and Environmentally friendlier.